Several of my classmates in Cucina Nueve were invited by our classmate Emmie Hitgano to cater a buffet lunch for the VIP guests of the fiesta of Trento, Agusan del Sur last October 4, 2009. The chosen ones were Earl Jimenez, John Agonia, and Rabbie Kyle Garcia. Other members of the class went to Trento to join the festivities and give support to our classmates.
One of the problems they encountered during the catering was the very tough pork meat provided for them. The group decided to use a pressure cooker on the meat. The pork loin was then marinated and roast as planned. This caused the Roast Pork Loin to be quite dry.
Upon the 911 call for help by Earl, we decided to concoct a special glaze on the spot using pineapple juice and Sprite as base…
It was a very yummy surprise… a Special Glaze for Roast Pork Loin.
- We used rosemary and thyme on the marinade so we decided to use the same herbs for the glaze.
- Cornstarch was used to thicken the sauce.
- Brown sugar was added to make the glaze shiny.
- All ingredients were added based on our personal preference. Only the pineapple juice and Sprite were in significant amounts.
- Use hot glaze on hot meat ALWAYS!
- Same glaze or sauce can be used for ham, or other forms of roast or grilled pork.
It was a good kitchen experiment turned really good. How about you, what’s your latest kitchen discovery?
Stay tuned for more culinary adventures by the naughty, sexy, travelling, drunk, dancing chefs of Cucina Nueve!