I have been blogging for six years. I have maintained and blogged for more than 10 blogs. Majority of these blogs have been nominated and have been finalists in the Philippine Blog Awards in the past four years. But this is the first time that I have won anything. I am very much happy that after being voted as one of the 10 Emerging Influential Blogs of 2010, this blog was given the Best Food Blog Award by the PBA – Mindanao 2010.
Happy does not even begin to describe how I felt when I received the good news. I would like to thank the people who have helped me in making and building this blog. Much thanks to:
- Mommy and Daddy who supported my culinary classes;
- my chef instructors and classmates at the Center for Asian Culinary Studies (CACS), Cucina Nueve;
- my aunts who taught me a lot about cooking and baking;
- my cousins who share with me the passion for good food and eating, especially Kuya Andrew who has played a significant role in my blogs and blogging career;
- my friends and blogging colleagues who have been my eager taste testers and critics;
- restaurants and cafes who have welcomed me and my friends into their establishments, special mention to Lachi’s, Crepelato, Jose Rafael Fine Coffee, Pablo’s and Ranchero’s, Kangaroo Coffee Company, and Riverwalk Restaurant;
- my partner Earl, and Mam Bebs master baker Nang Patring, and to all the others who have assisted me in the kitchen; and
- my blog readers and my 13 blog subscribers.
The other nominees in the category are food blogs that I personally read and follow. In fact, I nominated most of the finalists in the category. The Best Food Blog – Mindanao finalists are:
- A Scientist in the Kitchen by Gay Carrillo (Soccsksargen)
- Miss Vanilla by Sandy San Pedro (Davao)
- Tastecaster, a group blog (Cagayan de Oro)
I am proud to be among these bloggers and to have been the lucky one to have been given the award. For six years, I have blogged because I love writing. For the past year, I have blogged about food because I love food and cooking and baking. I guess my passion shows and it has reaped its rewards.
This award had inspired me to be a better blogger and to work harder to earn more experience, skills, and credibility as a food writer.
Congratulations to the other winners of the Philippine Blog Awards for Mindanao 2010, especially to members of Mindanao New Media! May we continue to present the true and real Mindanao.
Image courtesy of Leah Valle.